April 13, 2013
1: Beauty Noise
We get upwards of 100 emails per week that are solely information on upcoming releases, news on beauty collaborations and general industry updates. We would never have the time to cover every bit of beauty gossip we receive (and, in general, we like to actually try products before dedicating a whole post to them) so, we decided to do a fortnightly post on some of the more exciting bits of info we've received. Enter the first installment of Beauty Noise!
1. In case you have been living under a rock, Avon announced this week that they have ceased trading in Ireland, effective immediately. The move, as part of measures to cut costs by $400million by 2016, has seen at least 400 representatives left without that revenue. You can read the full announcement here.
2. After the runaway success of his first three fragrances; Daisy, Lola and Daisy Eau So Fresh, Marc Jacobs announced that his new fragrance will be called Honey and will hit shelves in the US in August so, we should expect it here soon after. The main notes include pear, honey, honeysuckle and vanilla. Oh, and how cute is that bottle!
3. Straight from the horses mouth, Samantha Chapman of Pixiwoo fame announced that three new and limited edition make-up brushes will join her Real Techniques brush line. The duo-fibre brushes will be available from usual stockists for one year from May 1st!
4. A bit of super sleuthing from our own Dee has found that new and amazing Sally Hansen stands are being rolled out across all stockists. According to Dee, the stands are absolutely huge, fully stocked and a nail polish junkies dream!
5. Chanel's newest wonder powder, Les Beiges, has been on counters for less than a month and we're calling it now that this product will be huge. RRP €48.00
6. For springtime, LUSH have teamed up with artist Roman Klonek to release their Spring Tin, a limited edition box packed full of uplifting and invigorating scents. Contains Avobath and Secret Garden bath ballistics; Carrot re-usable bubble bar; Bright Side bubble bar; Happy Hippy shower gel; Sugar Scrub; Bohemian soap. RRP €39.95
7. Parisian beauty powerhouse Clarins has released details of their upcoming summer collection and, boy, is it a beauty! Splendours is a inspired by the sun and opulent shades of ancient worlds including jade, sapphire, gold and ruby. Available on counter from May 2013.