Monday, 9 January 2012
Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24 Hour: The Verdict
We got our hands on the reformulated foundation back in November (Oh how long ago that seems now!) and I wasn’t sure what to expect as I am not a full coverage kinda gal! However, I will forever make an exception for this foundation as it is truly amazing for the following reasons;
- Coverage is full but, not cakey. This isn’t a “death mask” type formula as I can still see my skin through it. It seems to hide the blemishes while still allowing my skin to look healthy.
- Longevity is a wonder. While I haven’t trialed it for the promised 24 hours, this definitely looks just as good 12-15 hours after application as it did when first applied.
- The finish is absolutely flawless. The full coverage nature of this foundation creates almost a veil of “perfect” skin over your own but, it still looks dewy and fresh and, as I mentioned above, allows the skin to show through.
- It’s not heavy. For such a thick foundation (In comparison to my usual NARS Sheer Glow/Avon Ideal Flawless), it doesn't “sit” on the skin. Rather it appears to soak right in which, I can only presume, adds to the longevity and good wear time. I definitely feel like my skin can breathe under this foundation, even after a full day of wear, and it doesn't feel tight or “strangled” as my skin often does come 10pm at night.
- The formula is an absolute dream to work with. It glides across the skin with relatively no pulling or dragging. I've tried this with multiple different foundation brushes and it works well with all and streaking is not an issue. I use the Sigma F80 brush to buff it into my skin and my face always looks so airbrushed and polished.
Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H in action!
Worth noting is also the amazingly light, fresh scent which I personally like. I know not everyone likes scented face products but, this smell dissipates a few minutes after application so, it’s not that much of an issue when everything else is taken into consideration. The packaging is also gorgeous; a sleek, angular glass bottle with a pump-dispenser, what’s not to like?! Happily, the foundation is also available in a whopping 18 shades, meaning you’d be hard pressed not to find one that suits you (I’m shade #7 FYI!).
From January 1st, Teint Idole Ultra 24H has been available from Lancome counters in Brown Thomas and they are also operating a free “Try Before You Buy” scheme where you can get colour matched and try a free 7-day sample. From February 1st, Lancome's newest base offering will be available from counters nationwide for €35.00.