1. MAC Reflects Gold Glitter is a loose white glitter pigment that looks like nothing in the pot but, when pressed over a darker base, it glitters the most amazing, sparkly gold. I have a mini size of this from the Holiday collection two years ago and it is still going strong (probably because it is really only appropriate for the festive season!).
I use this a lot over gold bases like MAC Goldmine or Woodwinked but, perhaps less predictably, I use it in the centre of my lid when wearing a silver/grey/black smokey eye to make the eye appear bigger and also to warm up the cool tones a little bit.
2. Eyeshadows like MAC All That Glitters, Antiqued and Cranberry (Not at all purple like it looks in the above swatch from the MAC website?! Bizarre!) get seasonal outings. Thet work beautifully together but, also suffice to create a quick, respectable eye-look when used singularly which is great when you are run off your feet and/or feeling a bit worse for wear following some particularly joyous festivities!
I imagine that I will also get a lot of wear out of the two MAC Mineralize Eyeshadows I procured earlier this year. As luck would have it, Golden Gaze and Smoked Ruby are particularly Christmassy and make for an instant smokey eye!
3. Christmas-appropriate lip products, for me, are denoted by deep, berry-toned shades.
Lipsticks like MAC Rebel and Russian Red definitely make the cut along with pinker shades like Avon Colourdisiac in Flirty Fuschia and YSL Rouge Pur in Fuschia Pink.
4. Berry shades are also prevalent in my nail polish choices as are glitter-laden polishes! For Christmas I always break out Chanel Gondola and Chanel Vendetta as well as Models Own Juicy Jules and OPI Bring on the Bling.
5.As with eyes and nails, I love a good festive highlighter! Now, I literally never use this except at Christmas but, when I want to up the bling a bit (though never on eyes and face at the one time!), I break out the MAC Loose Iridescent Powder in Silver Dusk to add a touch of sparkle to my look!
6. I’m a massive fan of false eyelashes for special occasions and parties and never more so than at Christmas. My favourite lashes will forever be MAC #3, the perfect full, dramatic lashes that stop just short of being drag Queeny!
I think it’s clear that I have a certain make-up ideal when it comes to Christmastime! Warm golds and berry tones feature prominently, as does glitter! If you can’t do it at Christmas, when can you?!
Do you have any favourite Christmassy products?!